The boys started school last week, and both are showing evidence of new ambitions (which is a bit dashing to my pet educational theories, but at least it's a firmly play-based school). Henry has been fired up about "spelling" ("Mommy, I'm thirsty for some r-r-g-n-r-a"), has begun drawing recognizable dinosaurs, and spent considerable time this evening crafting a Redcoat costume for Halloween out of a green tee shirt, post-it notes, and strips of paper.
James's ambitions are less academic, but he is newly committed to doing things for himself. He proudly told Peter this evening, for instance, that he had poured out his own milk. "I got out the milk, and I took off the lid, and I poured the milk in the cup, and I didn't spill any!" he boasted.
"Wow," said Peter. "You are getting more and more grown up."
"Yes," agreed James. "Now I'm ready to use a chainsaw."
No comments:
Post a Comment