Peter has a line about writing: It's easy; all you have to do is stare at a blank piece of paper until the drops of blood bead up on your forehead.
So I will jump right in with pictures.
James on his 6-week day:
Although this pictures gives no hint of it, James started smiling in earnest this week. Cannily, he reserves his best efforts for the middle of the night, when they are most needed.
Henry & Auntie confer about mittens:
Virginia came over today to rescue me, because Henry is finally, unequivocally, finished with his crib. After spending an hour and more plucking him from the rails and depositing him back on the mattress, I cried uncle. Last night was his first on a mattress on the floor, and he only fell asleep at last when Peter pulled out a high school wrestling move and held him down. I found the 2 of them locked in the bedroom (I had to pick the lock with a knitting needle) sound asleep, Peter's arms wrapped around Henry like an octopus.
Henry's portrait of his brother:
And to end with a happier (and, happily, more characteristic) picture:




No comments:
Post a Comment